IMPACTS is a Network of European Capital and Major Metropolitan Cities for exchanging information and experience on Urban Mobility and Transport Policies. Currently, it consists of 15 European cities. It is a non-profit Association.
The IMPACTS association emerged in response to a perceived need for high-level strategic collaboration amongst mostly capital cities about urban mobility policies that affect citizens.
IMPACTS Europe differs from other city networks. It is not just a technical gathering. Instead, it has a precise objective – to be a small strategic network of capital and major metropolitan cities for decision makers.It is about sharing strategic and technical thinking across European cities with participation from both politically elected or appointed officials and technical officers whom it offers a forum in which they can discuss transport issues and initiatives in a confidential and non-public setting.
The growth of the network in Europe continues, although the intention remains to keep membership restricted to capital and major cities to retain the close nature of collaboration and ensure the benefits of membership remain high. The benefits of membership extend beyond the informal contact network we offer. They include:
- An annual two-day conference hosted by the city holding the Presidency of IMPACTS. These events are professionally organised to combine formal presentation sessions and other discussion formats with informal networking breaks over coffee, dinner, and cocktail receptions. These events are only open to members and their guests. We do not charge a delegate fee but cover all costs out of the modest annual membership fee charged to each city.
- The conference events are often combined with technical visits and study tours to add value with demonstrations of innovative projects and technologies.
- Policy workshops in different formats where members can gather in smaller groups to debate a topical issue.
- Support of project collaborations enabling members to form consortia to bid for EU funding.
- IMPACTS Secretariat to support members and promote the interests of the association.
Are you interested in IMPACTS? Each year we extend an invitation to one or two non-member cities to attend our conference and experience the debate around critical issues that affect us all. Let us know if you are interested in joining us. To learn more about our activities, please also contact the IMPACTS Secretariat.